Pages

Making House a Home.



"Home is where the heart is."  "There's no place like home." "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." Search for quotes about home and the list that comes back is endlessly long.  Home is a integral part of our lives.  It's where we retreat from the world at the end of a long day and where they ones we hold most dear reside.  It's full of love, warmth and memories... home is full of our life.

A few months after I stopped blogging at Storywood Designs, I realized that I missed it.  I missed blogging.  But I also realized that it wasn't the furniture before and after's that I missed blogging about.  I missed blogging about projects in my own house.  I missed blogging about kitchen makeovers in my clients' houses.  I missed blogging about home.  And so, with that realization, I'm back to blogging... for myself and for the enjoyment I get out of chronicling my journey to make our house a home.

If someone asked me what I hope to get out of this blogging this time around, first and foremost, I hope that one day I can look back at the story of our home... our journey to create our home, the changes we made, on our own and with help, and the way we adapted our home to work for our family over the years.  I hope that others can come here and find inspiration... attainable ideas that they can use in their own home.  I hope that I can show readers that making a house your home doesn't have to cost a fortune and doesn't require crazy carpentry skills... sometimes all a major update takes is an ounce of courage and a gallon of paint.  I hope that I can give readers of this blog a chance to see real life living... with 2 boys, an active life and, fingers crossed, furry feet running rampant through the house again soon, we demand a lot of our home and make it work hard for us.  At the end of the day, we are a real family, on a real budget, trying to make this house our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment